Startup & Tech & Blockchain
In the advent of tech-driven revolutionary era, Korea has earned a reputation as a global information and communication technology leader.
InterLEX Startup, Tech and Blockchain team unites our professionals in diverse practice of investment, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory risk and compliance management, intellectual property, privacy and data security, restructuring and areas such as Blockchain and High-Tech related matters. We assist clients in navigating intertwined business and legal issues with our dedication to business-oriented solutions and extensive experience of successful corporate counseling from early-stage enterprises to top-tier companies.
Key Practice Areas
1. Corporate General
We offer guidance to our clients on the full spectrum from an initial formation through the full life cycle by delivering integrated support in a broad range of services and advice in core structural, operational and financial areas, based on a deep understanding of each company’s unique competitive characteristics.
2. Mergers and Acquisitions
Our team provides industry-specific knowledge and creative problem-solving insights to effectively execute domestic and cross-border M&A and other business combination tailored to the particular characteristic of each deal and transaction.
- Korean sound solution company K on acquisition
- Korean e-commerce company M on implementing protocol for post-merger and integration
3. Antitrust and Competition
We bring years of experience with complex antitrust and competition issues and deliver successful conduct of antitrust audits and outstanding advocacy before government investigations, based on deep knowledge of a wide variety of industries.
- Korean manufacturing company S on assessing violation of the Korean Antitrust and Competition Law
- Korean manufacturing company R on agency contract issue
4. Compliance & Internal Investigation
Korea has recently reinforced regulation on corporate governance and compliance by implementing a series of laws and presidential decrees on ESG. We provide succinct assessments and solutions for proper risk management and compliance with applicable laws and regulations in our endeavor to help manage business growth while mitigating potential risk.
- Korean e-commerce company M on consultation for preventing serious industrial accidents
- Korean pharmaceutical company H on implementing compliance protocols
- Korean healthcare startup D on assessing compliance and data privacy issue
- Japanese musical instrument company Y on investigating breach of compliance
- American machinery company T on workplace harassment by internal investigation
- German lubrication system company G on legal assessment for compliance violation
- Korean engineering company S on compliance education at the managerial level
- Korean manufacturing company S on counseling for preventing serious industrial accidents
- Korean manufacturing company R on proceeding a general meeting of shareholders
5. Blockchain Investment and Financial Transaction
We are highly experienced in providing advice and counsel on Blockchain financial compliance matters and complex capital-raising transactions and dedicated to assist our clients to re navigate investment opportunities and meet their business objectives.
- Foreign proprietary trading firm F on legal obligations for operating a cryptocurrency proprietary trading firm in Korea, with regards to the interpretation of Act on Report and Using Specified Financial Transaction Information
- Chinese financial figure J on examining listing of cryptocurrency
- Korean distribution and sales company D on acquisition of convertible bonds
6. High-Tech Agreement Negotiations and Compliance Reviews
We have extensive and unparalleled experiences on detailed up-to-date technical agreement drafting and negotiations especially with regards to mobile payment, mobile digital identity verification programs.
- Korean MNC's S Pay contract negotiations for global launch with all key ecosystem players
(networks, issuing banks, acquiring banks, regulators, merchants and industry association)
- S Pay on negotiation and finalization of network A International Alliance Agreement
- S Pass on the legality of the adoption of the biometric authentication and identity verification solution
- Negotiating and revising the terms of network V and network M on the Digital Enabling Program Agreements, VDEP and MDEA for S Pay
- Analyzing and responding to relevant privacy and security regulations of Europe and U.S., including PSD2 (Payment Service Directive) responses, Data Privacy including GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) responses and EIDAS (Electronic Identification and Trust Services) digital signature and document regulations for S Pass
- Analysis on the Chinese network and advertisement regulations for the launch of digital advertisement platform S AdHub on mobile and TV in Beijing